If you're new-ish to editing TikTok videos, read this article to learn how to adjust the length of your video clips during the editing process.
Below, we’ve outlined two ways to adjust the clip lengths of your TikTok videos. We promise both are much simpler than you think.
Adjusting Clip Length on TikTok
Before we teach you how to edit clip lengths on TikTok, we wanted to point out that the platform has recently replaced the “Adjust Clips” button with the “Studio” option. While more users are reporting they have the latter, according to forums, some users either have never received the Studio option or have been reverted to “Adjust Clips.” Either way, adjusting the clips is pretty much the same no matter which of these two options is available to you. For the sake of this tutorial, we’ll be using the newer Studio option.
2. Next, an editing window will appear with clips aligned on a track. You can scroll to the left or right until you get to the clip you’d like to adjust the length for.
3. Once you find the clip you’d like to adjust, select it by tapping once.
4. Next, move the slider on either end of the clip until you cut down the cut to the desired length.
5. That’s it! You’ve adjusted the length of your clip and can continue editing your TikTok video.
Pro-Tip: If you’re having trouble selecting a clip because it appears very small on the timeline, use two fingers to zoom in, which will make the clips appear larger and easier to select.
Adjusting Clip Length on Crossclip
If you have content living on Twitch or YouTube, Crossclip is a simple way to repurpose your videos by turning them into TikToks and other short form content. Keep reading to learn how to adjust the clip length of your videos for TikTok using Crossclip.
3. A window will appear asking you to input the link to your Twitch Clip or YouTube Clip. You can also upload your own footage towards the bottom. Your clip will begin loading and you’ll get an estimated upload time on your screen.
5. To adjust the clip length, simply drag the yellow slider to shorten and lengthen the clip.
6. Once you made all the necessary adjustments, hit “Compile” and your new video will be delivered to you shortly after.
As you can see, adjusting the lengths of the clips for your TikTok videos is pretty straightforward no matter if you're editing directly from TikTok or a third-party app such as Crossclip. Try it out and let us know how it goes for you!
How do you adjust the clip length on TikTok?
To adjust the clip length, simply drag the yellow slider to shorten and lengthen the clip.
Why can't I adjust my clip length on TikTok?
So, if you're ever editing a video on TikTok and you can't find the Adjust Clips option, it's maybe because your video is too short. Try adding some more footage or extending the start and end points of your existing footage to make your video longer.